Equipment Operator Helper
White River National Forest Glenwood Springs, CO Full-time Government
Posted on May 3, 2023
Permanent seasonal, position with year round benefits. WG 5, 21.74-25.35 per hour. Perfect job for a hardworking adventurer. See the best our forest has to offer. Application due by 03/08/23.
- Performs the simpler and more routine operation of heavy gasoline or diesel powered equipment.
- Equipment may include: Large industrial tractors, dump trucks, motor graders, soil compactors, tractors with attachments, dozer tractors, front-end loaders, backhoes, excavators and brush cutters.
- Operates equipment to perform basic assignments for cutting, moving, digging, grading, and rolling earth, sand, stone, and other materials on flat and stable terrain conditions when maintaining ditches, road shoulders and beds, and fire lines.
- Incumbent hooks up attachments when required and learns to perform adjustments such as setting level, angle, or depth. Responsible for performing basic service and maintenance on equipment operated.
- Although the primary responsibility is the operation of equipment, some manual labor may be necessary. Labor duties require prior work experience or training and some degree of manual skill and very heavy physical effort.
- Laborer duties may include: Installation of culverts or drainage structures, installation of water sources and associated pipelines, and water capture and storage structures.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify.