Welcome Center Associate, Fleet Mechanic, Electrical Supervisor / Master Electrician
The Town of Vail is now hiring the following positions!
- Accounting Technician/Parking Sales Lead Hiring Range: $25.19 - $28.34 per hour
The Accounting Technician & Parking Sales Lead is responsible for all external billing for the town and component units (accounts receivables) and collection processes. This position is also responsible for oversight of the daily operation, sales of parking passes and implementation of current parking policies.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Establishes and maintains Accounts Receivable customer accounts: address, payment terms, allocation to general ledger revenue accounts, and documenting appropriate backup information.
- Responsible for timely billing of leases according to contract terms, including calculation of CPI for annual increase; This occurs monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually.
- Take a leadership role in creating a new collections processes to ensure for timely collections of past due invoices and updated/correct billing contact information
- Collects on past due invoices; calculates penalty and interest charges.
- Reconciles real estate tax collections to general ledger & maintains reporting stats for the purposes of revenue reporting.
- Prepares an end of the year reconciliation of outstanding receivables.
- Responsible for records retention via scanned documentation of Accounts Receivable and VLMD payments.
- Reconciles court deposit accounts.
- Hires, trains and supervises seasonal parking sales employee. Trains backup positions within the Finance department.
- Responsible for an estimated $900,000 credit card transaction sales of parking passes plus a $300 cash drawer.
- Provides world-class customer service on the phone and at the pass office.
- Manages all sales transactions of over ten types of parking passes, multiple types of parking vouchers and comp passes.
- Effectively utilizes parking sales system and value card system to track daily transactions and customer balances. Balances daily cash and credit card receipts for end of day batching process.
- Researches declined credit card transactions, communicates with customers and ultimately notifies parking supervisors of the need to turn passes or value cards off.
- Performs end of year closing procedures for the pass office, including value card pass balance reconciliations.
- Creates process and procedure documents for new parking sales system processes including pass issuance, pass renewals, refunds, daily reconciliation, and daily receipt posting.
Skills / Requirements
Vail is a guest service oriented and resort destination community. We realize that to set the standard for world-class alpine resorts, our employees make all the difference! That is why we are looking for passionate individuals who strive for excellence in all that they do. Qualified applicants must have:
- Knowledge of general accounting principles required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in person, on the phone or via email.
- Skilled in spreadsheet, word processing and other computer applications.
- A detail-oriented person with strong organizational skills is well suited for this position.
In addition they must meet the following requirements:
- At least 3 year’s progressively responsible billing or payment processing experience required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience would also be relevant.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience required.
- Parking Attendant – Day & Overnight Hiring Range: $21.50 - $24.45 per hour
- Welcome Center Associate (Part-Time) Hiring Range: $21.50 - $24.45 per hour
- Fleet Mechanic Hiring Range: $32.50 (minimum) per hour - Depending on experience
- Electrical Supervisor / Master Electrician Hiring Range: $36.07 (minimum) - Depending on experience