Assistant Director of Finance
JOIN OUR MISSION
Working for Timbers Company is an opportunity to join our unique mission to create special places and memorable experiences through passionate, attentive service. Here’s why our staff loves Timbers Company.
vacations bring us all closer together
the big dogs aren't all on Wall Street
we've found the best places on Earth
we are known by the company we keep
variety is the spice of life
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. This company does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
• Free onsite shift parking
• Discounted bus pass for Eagle County & Lake County routes
• Discounted F&B, Spa Treatments & Retail up to 40% off
• 401K with Match
• Paid Sick leave for P/T & Seasonal Staff, PTO for Full Time Staff
• Wellness Bonus if worked through full season until ski area closing
• Full Time Year Round possible, with full benefits such as Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Insurance.
• Merchant Ski Pass Program
• Free onsite Chef prepared employee dining room with hot meals and salad bar
• Some full time seasonal positions offer discounted living onsite in employee housing, shared dorm style units during the season hired only up to the 1st 6 months of that particular season. Long term and single living arrangements are offered for management positions or those working overnight shifts available for on call outside of normal work hours.
Responsible for providing routine to complex accounting duties related to the preparation and maintenance of financial records, the audit of financial transactions and the production of reports and statements.
• Compile and prepare journal entries and monthly reconciliations of general ledger, journal, subsidiary accounts and bank statements; make correcting entries as required; compile and prepare financial reports and supporting schedules and documentation.
• Prepare and submit monthly sales tax filings, annual 1099 reporting, regular 1042 withholding tax payments, and 1042 annual IRS filing.
• Manage purchasing agent; review PO batches, direct priorities, monitor inventory counting and cost procedures
• Manage Accounts Receivable Specialist; oversee billing questions for group and non-guest AR accounts and monitor Daily Revenue and Audit entries.
• Manage Accounts Payable Specialist; review weekly invoice and payment batches, monitor recurring payments, and oversee cash management
• Work with staff, vendors, contractors and others regarding invoices and payment status. Oversee new vendor setup
• Review accounting and financial documents to ensure accuracy of information and calculations; examine supporting documentation to establish proper authorization and conformance with contracts and agreements, policies, appropriate regulations, annual business licenses, and insurance requirements.
• Prepare and distribute daily labor report summarizing variances vs. budget by department and position. Attend weekly labor meetings to support Management in achieving labor expectations, goals, and budgets.
• Work closely with Reservations and Revenue Management to ensure all reservations and rooms accounting is set up correctly, particularly including packages, deferred revenue, deposits, gift cards, and general front desk controls and compliance.
• Manage and direct monthly close process and communicate monthly deadlines with Operations Managers. Ensure all deadlines are met.
• Maintain inventory records and participate in physical inventories for F&B and Spa.
• Assist Director of Finance with monthly financial statement creation, review, and variance analysis vs. budget and prior year.
• Maintains accurate records and files. Assists with annual audits for four hotel operating entities.
• Prepare and review monthly financial statements for Real Estate entity.
• Assist with HOA accounting and oversight as needed.
• Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the Hotel’s service to its guests and owners by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of the Hotel and Accounting team.
• Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Our company (“Company”) fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation, and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. In accordance with requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable federal, state and/or local laws, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation upon request during the application process to applicants in order that they may be given a full and fair opportunity to be considered for employment. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we intend to comply fully with applicable federal, state and/or local employment laws and the information requested on this application will only be used for purposes consistent with those laws. To the extent required by applicable law, The Company maintains a smoke- free workplace
I certify that the answers given herein and during the entire application process (including but not limited to information provided in resumes, attachments to this application, interviews or otherwise (if applicable)) are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any misrepresentations, omissions of facts or incomplete answers during the application process may disqualify me from further consideration for employment. I further understand that, if employed, any misrepresentations or omissions of facts during the application process may be cause for my dismissal at any time without prior notice. I consent to and authorize the Company and ADP TotalSource® to contact my former employers, references, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give the Company or ADP TotalSource (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with any other pertinent information they may have and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a good faith reference. I EXPRESSLY AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT, IF EMPLOYED, MY EMPLOYMENT IS NOT FOR A SPECIFIC TERM, IS BASED ON MUTUAL CONSENT AND MAY BE TERMINATED BY ME OR THE COMPANY OR ADP TOTALSOURCE WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE OR CAUSE AT ANY TIME. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT NO ORAL PROMISE, EMPLOYER POLICY, CUSTOM, BUSINESS PRACTICE OR OTHER PROCEDURE (INCLUDING THE BASIC EMPLOYMENT POLICIES, PERSONNEL HANDBOOK OR ANY PERSONNEL MANUALS) CONSTITUTES AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT OR MODIFICATION OF THE AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ME AND THE COMPANY OR ADP TOTALSOURCE. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT MY AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT STATUS WITH THE COMPANY MAY ONLY BE ALTERED IN AN INDIVIDUAL CASE OR GENERALLY IN A WRITING SIGNED BY THE OWNER, PRESIDENT OR CEO OF THE COMPANY AND THAT MY AT-WILL STATUS WITH ADP TOTALSOURCE MAY ONLY BE ALTERED IN AN INDIVIDUAL CASE OR GENERALLY IN A WRITING SIGNED BY THE PRESIDENT OF ADP TOTALSOURCE. I understand that I may be required to qualify for employment based on additional employment criteria. For example, I may be required to take job-related tests; take a driver’s examination or take a preemployment drug test. If I am offered employment or start work before any required test is completed, I understand that my employment is contingent on a satisfactory result on all required tests. I authorize the Company and ADP TotalSource to release the results of my pre-employment drug/alcohol test (if any), any information on this application and any relevant information about me to each other and to other ADP TotalSource clients for whom I have applied for employment, and release the Company, ADP TotalSource and its clients from any and all claims related to the lawful release of this information. I further authorize the release of any background check results and of any drug/alcohol test to any state or federal authority requesting such information and in response to a valid subpoena or other legal document.
By submitting this application, I certify I have read above, specific job post requirements listed here https://bit.ly/3YmmOeA
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field; AND four (4) years of professional hospitality accounting experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Strict adherence to policies and procedures of the department.
• Helpful to have Microsoft Dynamics GP Springer Miller SMS, Aloha F&B POS experience, and ADP payroll reporting
• Use of specified computer applications including all Microsoft Office software, data entry and/or standard report generation. Required proficiency in Excel.
• Principles and practices of general and fund accounting, budget development and administration, and auditing financial documents and records.
• Professional written business communication skills, including spelling, grammar and punctuation. Professional verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly and consistently communicate with internal and external guests and teams.
• Interpret, explain and apply principles and practices of general and fund accounting.
• Budget creation and review.
• Interpret and explain applicable laws, codes and regulations.
• Possesses a critical eye for analysis, review and attention to detail, especially when reviewing financial documents for completeness and accuracy.
• Ability to review and reconcile financial records.
• Maintain accurate financial records and prepare accurate and timely reports.
• Use initiative and independent judgement within established procedural guidelines.
• Highly organized and can consistently juggle changing priorities while meeting critical deadlines.
• Contribute effectively to the accomplishment of team goals, objectives and activities.
• May be required to work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
Mobility to work in an office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
.*Note: It is not necessary for you to identify unavailability for work because of religious observance or practice or any other protected classification. Subsequent to any job offer, we will consider whether a reasonable accommodation can be made.
Note: The Federal Immigration and Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires that a DHS Employment Eligibility Verification “Form I-9” be completed for every new hire and that within 3 business days of beginning work every new hire must present to the employer documentation establishing his/her identity and authorization to work. This federal requirement must be satisfied as a condition of employment.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.