Sonnenalp Club - Golf and Harvest Restaurant Positions
Sonnenalp Club Summer Positions Available.
Golf Positions: Outside Services - Part Time or Full Time, Outside Service Team Leader, Club Housekeeping Supervisor, Club Maintenance Engineer II - III, Fitness Attendant. Harvest Restaurant, Edwards: Harvest Server, Harvest Bartender, Harvest Food Truck, Harvest Line Cook, Harvest Pantry Cook.
Primary Purpose of Position
Servers are responsible for taking all food and drink orders and running food. Our Servers are responsible for learning and utilizing selling strategies to achieve check average expectations. This position requires working closely with a high volume of demanding clientele and coordinated teamwork with other staff members. Servers must not only be congenial, but able to appropriately interact with customers and fellow team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set restaurant for business: responsible for all assigned opening, closing and weekly side work duties. Prepare and set tables, lay out napkins and utensils, make sure condiments are refilled, perform all other preparation task.
- Stay updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations. Have knowledge of all menu items and its ingredients and answer guest questions about food and drinks. Inform guests of food and drink specials, suggest dishes, assist in drink selections, inform customers about food preparation details and communicate special customer needs to the kitchen.
- Serve food and drink while creating a professional and caring relationship with customers.
- Fill in for absent staff as needed.
- Assist Host/Hostess in greeting and seating guests. Assist fellow co-workers in completing their duties such as running food and bussing tables.
- Keep a safe and clean working environment for staff as well as guests. Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed and directed by supervisor.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Participate in related F&B training/seminar program and wine training as needed.
- Flexible schedule required.
- Act as a responsible, personable representative of the Sonnenalp Food and Beverage Team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Serving Experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Personable disposition which is maintained in high pressure situations required
- Basic understanding of wine, cocktails and liquor required
- Basic food knowledge required
- Strong organizational skills required
- Excellent guest service and oral communication skills required
- Common sense of urgency required
- English fluency required
- Should be prepared to work long hours and variable schedule, to include holidays and weekends
Essential Physical Requirements
- Position primarily performed indoors assisting a variety of guests
- Working conditions and business levels will vary with season
- Ability to stand and walk for full length of shift, up to 12 hours at one time
- Ability to regularly carry up to 40 lbs
- Should be prepared to work long hours and a variable schedule, to include evenings, holidays and weekends