Hiring full time with competitive rate & benefits. Work with a small but mighty, positive team to make a difference in our community. Optional work remote on Fridays. Office is located in downtown Steamboat Springs. See our job description for hourly rate, detail on benefits and responsibilities.
The Business Operations Manager position is responsible for all aspects of running an office, donor management and operational support. This description of essential functions is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting each responsibility.
Additional responsibilities may be added, as appropriate.
▪ Maintain donor database, contribution records and send thank you letters.
▪ Understand and provide staff training on donor database functionality.
▪ Be the point person for office building maintenance: snow plowing, lawn mowing, and office cleaning. Work with CIIC representatives to negotiate contracts.
▪ Log in checks and double check Kindful Donor Database for correct information from checks.
▪ Maintain and keep orderly office files (both electronic and paper), storage, basement and office space.
▪ Maintain office machines: copier, fax, computers, paper shredder, heating and cooling machines.
▪ Collect and code all receipts, invoices and check requests for the bookkeeper.
▪ Communicate with our external IT services provider.
▪ Maintain an up-to-date Resource and Referral book and help clients navigate local resources for their particular situation.
▪ Answer phone and serve as office receptionist.
▪ Pick up and drop off mail.
▪ Order office supplies for all departments.
▪ Buy postage and prepare mailings.
▪ Take minutes at monthly board and other standing committee meetings.
▪ Create board notebooks, maintain board contact list, committee list, and board checklist
▪ Prepare written materials including correspondence, agendas, minutes, and reports.
▪ Arrange and manage board lunches.
▪ Invoice and collect board lunch dues.
HR and Business Support
▪ Insurance: review and maintain insurance contracts for business liability (RCUW), building (443 Oak Nonprofit Center), Director’s & Officer’s Insurance.
Provide certificates of insurance when needed.
▪ Review benefit insurance each year and negotiate rates.
▪ Renew Colorado Secretary of State registrations and periodic reports annually
▪ Prepare 20 to 30 letters for our annual audit
▪ Pull appropriate information from the donor management software for the organization’s Annual Report
▪ Solicit competitive CD rates annually from multiple banks
Program Support and Donor Management
▪ Help with logistics, record keeping, and post-event thank yous for all fundraising and community events.
▪ Assist Executive Director on $50K Day food and beverage, supply logistics.
▪ Assist Executive Director on Campaign Celebration logistics
▪ Prepare workplace giving materials for presentations
▪ Assist in soliciting in-kind donations for events and campaign
▪ Assist with Human Resource Coalition management including invoicing, contact lists, and meeting minutes.
▪ Maintain Women United membership database and invoice accordingly.
▪ Support Women United in administering the Dolly Parton Imagination Library and Book Gift programs
▪ Keep donor database clean and up to date
▪ Write specific thank you emails/letters for donor designations
443 Oak Nonprofit Center Support
• Collect and code all receipts, invoices, and check requests for the bookkeeper.
• Manage the conference room signup binder and walk new users through the use agreement.
• Maintain community bulletin board found in the entryway.
▪ Assist with agency relations including annual funding applications and Member Agency agreements.
▪ Support the Community Investment Committee’s yearly grant process.
▪ Support Marketing and Communications with donor records, email lists, and any other relevant projects.
▪ Required to work on Thanksgiving
▪ Complete the Colorado Combined Campaign Grant on a yearly basis
▪ Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
▪ College associate degree or above
▪ Proficiency with computers and experience with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher. Experience with databases.
▪ Accuracy and attention to detail
▪ Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
▪ Possess great customer service skills
▪ Ability to relate well with people and communicate in a pleasant and professional manner.
▪ Interest in United Way's mission and in helping those in difficult circumstances.
SUPERVISION AND EVALUATION
▪ The Operations Manager is supervised and evaluated by the Executive Director.
▪ Monthly one-on-one touch base meetings will be conducted.
▪ An annual evaluation will be conducted at the year anniversary of employment.
HOURLY PAY AND BENEFITS
• Hourly rate between $24 and $26 an hour based on experience
• Health, dental and vision insurance with Health Savings Account
• Short-term and long-term disability insurance
• SIMPLE plan with 3% match after one year of employment
• Ability to work remotely one day a week on Fridays
• Liberal paid time off schedule
• Liberal vacation policy
• Regular touch bases with annual review