Deputy Clerk - Recording
Deputy Clerk - Recording $21.40 - $28.95/hour Apply By: June 5th, 2023
Under general supervision, performs clerical and technical support duties in the county clerk/recorder’s office; provides detailed and specific information to callers and visitors about department programs and services; receives, examines and processes forms and documents in accordance with applicable laws, policies and other requirements; receives and accounts for payments for services; enters and maintains information in electronic filing and record systems; oversees voting activities at an assigned polling place during elections; and performs other related duties as assigned.
Vital Records Support
• Must complete required annual training through CDPHE for Vital Records search and issuance.
• Determines the eligibility of a requestor to obtain birth and death records.
• Work under direction of Senior Deputies to issue birth and death certificates and disposition permits.
General Administrative Support
• Creates and utilizes forms, databases, spreadsheets, activity logs, or other tools to track and maintain information; locates, retrieves, and compiles data from manual or computerized information systems; assembles and consolidates information from multiple sources.
• Types and/or prepares moderately complex letters, memoranda, forms, labels, requisitions, receipts and other documents using a computer, printer, typewriter or other input devices; reviews, compares and proofreads documents for spelling, punctuation, grammar, format, and clarity; completes various forms to process requests or claims; creates charts, tables or other graphics; develops and prepares reports and data summaries. may draft correspondence using form letters and templates.
• Assists in maintaining and reconciling departmental accounting records.
• Retrieves, opens and processes mail.
• Establishes and maintains organized and accurate departmental files and records; creates new files and filing systems as required.
• Performs mathematical and financial calculations; receives and receipts payments; counts cash and receivables and prepares deposit documents.
• Maintains inventory of office forms and/or supplies; maintains records of supplies requested, received and issued.
• Makes photocopies of documents; may scan records into an electronic document system.
• Attends meetings and trainings; serves on committees, teams and task forces as assigned.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Completion of 30 semester (or equivalent) college units, including 15 units (or equivalent) in accounting, business administration, finance, real estate, or a related field.
Three years of progressively responsible clerical experience that includes electronic data entry, the maintenance of recordkeeping systems, and the operation or personal computers. At least one year of the experience must have included extensive customer service interaction with the public.
One year of additional qualifying experience may substitute for the above-required education.
• Valid Colorado Driver’s License may be required to operate a County vehicle.
• Depending on assignment, the ability to become certified as a Colorado Notary Public may be required.
• Must pass a criminal background check prior to appointment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.