Accountant, IT Software & Fiscal Support Tech
- Accountant $34.67 - $45.73/hour
- IT Software & Fiscal Support Tech $30.51 - $40.25/hour Open Until Filled
Under direction, provides IT assistance and support related to basic technology related issues. Assists in diagnosing problems related to ERP and Microsoft 365. Offers training for the County’s enterprise applications and overall technology environment. Oversees day to day fiscal operations of the Routt County Information Technology Department including financial reporting, accounts payable, IT department expense accounts, contracts, and purchasing. Assists in the creation, administration, and monitoring of the IT budgets. Serves as IT department’s software\hardware license and support contract administrator; and performs other related duties as assigned.
The duties listed below represent the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not prevent the assignment of work that is appropriately related to this class.
• Coordinates and provides basic technical application training including new employee IT orientations.
• Collaborates with IT Director on the creation and execution of the IT Department’s budgets which includes, but is not limited to, creating current status, future planning, historical reports and documentation.
• Coordinates all IT Department’s procurement and accounts payable functions.
• Manages all IT related support and maintenance contracts ensuring licensing and compliance.
• Provides frontline or basic technical support on the County’s ERP and Microsoft 365 products.
• Assists with IT asset inventory system including asset classification, replacement value and useful life for all IT assets.
• Assists with the development and documentation of the IT Department’s policies, procedures, processes and IT Services framework and agreements.
• Conducts day-to-day oversight and administration on the IT Pool and Operations budgets including accounts payable efforts.
• Develops technical training plans and programs related to leveraging internal technology and software for the rest of the organization.
• Creates and maintains related budget and asset tracking documentation.
• Facilitates communication between other departments and the IT/GIS department.
• Assists in tracking and managing the IT department’s cost allocation and performance measurements.
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Completion of college course work in accounting, finance, computer science or other related field; an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree in relevant field is desired
• Four years of related experience combined with a degree or;
• Six years of relevant administrative, finance, purchasing, and/or IT experience in a related field may substitute for the above-required education.
• Must have experience with ERP systems and Microsoft 365 suite of products: familiarity with IT Services
Management Framework (ITIL).
• Direct experience working with or for a technical IT department preferred.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
• May require a valid license to drive a vehicle in Colorado.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.