Full Time Non-CDL Driver
Western Slope Beverage Distributor seeking Full Time Non-CDL Driver starting at $21/hour Health Benefits, Retirement, +PTO.
High School Diploma, GED, or High School Equivalence Certificate preferred but not required.
At least 1 year of operating Delivery Vehicles (i.e. Box Truck, Van); and customer facing experience.
Must pass background check and motor vehicle checks, as required.
Must have proper authorization to work in the United States.
Must maintain a current Driver’s License and clean Motor Vehicle Review
Must be 21 years of age
Physical Requirements/Workplace Conditions:
This position requires frequent driving in all road conditions, bending and twisting the body, keeping or regaining balance, kneeling, crouching, stooping, or crawling and repetitive motions. This position also requires frequent sitting, occasional walking or standing, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls. This position requires frequent lifting, pushing or pulling up to 60 lbs repetitively and to use equipment to move heavier items (palletized merchandise). The position requires basic skills such as full vision capabilities, the ability to actively listen/hear, read/comprehend, communicate orally and reason or analyze on a constant basis and to perform calculations frequently.
This position also requires social skills such as, coordination efforts, team efforts, perceptiveness to others, using sound judgment, and willingness to help others. Work is performed in multiple locations where indoor and outdoor environmental conditions will vary.
The Delivery Driver is responsible for safe driving, delivery of orders, exceptional customer service levels and maintaining merchandising standards.
Essential Functions and Skills:
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, or brakes, to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Present bills and receipts and collect payments for goods delivered or loaded.
- Load and unload trucks, vans, or automobiles.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Turn in receipts and money received from deliveries.
- Maintain records, such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements, in accordance with regulations.
- Read maps or geographic positioning systems (GPS), and follow written or verbal geographic directions.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations to bases or other vehicles, using telephones or mobile two-way radios.
- Maintain clean Motor Vehicle Review and must report any traffic accidents or violations immediately to supervisor
- Operate company vehicle in a safe, cautious, and courteous manner
- Ensure all deliveries and returns are completed to the satisfaction of the customer
- Rotate all dated product according to date codes
- Seek and report to Director of Sales any recognized opportunities in the field
- Unload all returned merchandise and delivery equipment, along with paperwork at the end of each work shift
- Deliver exceptional customer service at all times by communicating with store management; personnel, as well as the general public
- Adhere to customer policies and procedures in compliance with workplace, health, and safety standards
- All other duties, as assigned.
Other General Duties:
- Maintain merchandising standards as outlined per policy
- Identify and report any delivery issues or processes needing improvement
- Ensure all standards of conduct are met in accordance with Company Guidelines as found in the Employee Handbook
- Report any unsafe workplace practices or accidents immediately to supervisor
- Maintain confidentiality of Company Information
- Demonstrate effective time management strategies
- Demonstrate effective communication with all employees, customers, vendors, and supervisors
- Use sound judgment and seek guidance and direction as necessary from supervisor
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics