Hansen Construction Aspen, CO Full-time Accounting/Finance
Posted on May 15, 2023
Join our team Full Time Staff Accountant wanted for high-end construction company. Candidates must be reliable and possess strong accounting skills and experience.
Assist with managing day-to-day accounting activities and complying with generally acceptable accounting principles; including A/P, A/R, and payroll as well as financial reporting, job cost reporting, GL maintenance and internal auditing.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Supervise and manage all payroll functions.
- Establish, maintain, and/or coordinate the implementation of accounting procedures and accounting control procedures to enhance performance and maintain integrity.
- Maintain accurate record of all company financial transactions and assets.
- Actively participate in the budgeting process and assist with financial forecasts.
- Ensure all assigned journal entries and general ledger accounts reconciliations are completed accurately and on time.
- Compile and analyze financial information and prepare entries to accounts.
- Manage the preparation of annual report(s) on actual revenues, transfers, expenses, etc.
- Prepare monthly month-end closing. Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting packages.
- Compile and submit monthly and project end sales/use tax returns.
- Prepare various cost/statistical reports for senior management as requested.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Maintain solid and positive relationships with Hansen’s employees, vendors, subcontractors, customers, banking institutions and other leaders in the financial community.
- Perform internal audits and coordinate the provision of information to management for action.
- Implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Ensure the accounting department supports every Hansen department and project, efficiently and effectively, furthering the company’s values.
- Perform additional assignments as requested/needed.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Four-year business/accounting degree, with advanced degree or CPA preferred
- Experience with construction accounting preferred
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management
- Strong understanding of Federal, State and local regulations affecting the industry and their effects on the company
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, budgets and forecasts
- Extensive financial software knowledge; Sage 300 CRE and ProCore experience highly desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Willingness to multi-task and work a flexible schedule as needed
FLSA Classification: Exempt