High End Luxury Retail
$65,000.00 To 85,000.00 Annually
Every year for more than 57 years, Gorsuch builds on its reputation for offering exceptional merchandise and unsurpassed services. Our goal, always, is to be the best we can be, and to make our best even better. That means staffing our retail and online organization with outstanding people who are inspired by the pursuit of excellence. We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference in our family-owned company that values our great employees. We love where we live! We love what we do! We want to meet you! This position is located at Vail Store offices located in Vail, Colorado.
Our Retail Buying and Merchandise Planning Teams are part of our success. As a Merchandise Planner for Gorsuch, you play a key role in ensuring we achieve that excellence.
We are seeking Merchandise Planners to join our Gorsuch family of retail professionals. This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with an interest in style, quality, pays close attention to detail and an interest in the mountain lifestyle to be part of our team. This sky is the limit in your career with Gorsuch, this position can lead you to advance your career in the luxury brand retail industry.
Job duties include:
• Run, verify accuracy of, and distribute sales and inventory reporting to members of the merchandising team.
• Assist in the creation and entry of new products and purchase orders into merchandising system.
• Work with buyers to submit allocation and balancing of inventory between stores, distribution center and catalog.
• Communicate as necessary with vendors concerning new product lines, pricing, samples, and deliveries.
• Provide store associate with necessary price tickets and signage for sale inventory.
• Domestic and international travel to assist buyers in the pursuit of new markets and products.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree, Retail Fashion Merchandising a plus or related business degrees.
• 2+ years of experience in Merchandising, Merchandise Planning, Allocation, or 5+ years of relevant retail experience.
• Comfort level or ability to grasp retail math concepts including the calculation of margin, IMU, inventory turn and sell through.
• Advanced computer and Excel skills required combined with ability to double check work before submitting to buying team.
• Strong analytical to be able to work easily within retail merchandising software system.
• Strong organizational skills to be able to maintain data accuracy, calendar scheduling, and multi-tasking.
• Ability to work consistently in varying environments including working in office, store setups, fashion and product photo shoots, and traveling between stores in Colorado and Utah and or out of town buying trips.
This is a monthly salaried position with a pay range of $65,000 to $80,000 upwards depending on experience. Gorsuch full time benefits include Medical, Disability, Life, 401K, Voluntary Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, FSA and HSA Plans and Ski Pass program.