Mason Journeyman: Multiple Positions Available
Mason Journeyman: Multiple positions available. Works with brick, block &/or stone, completing custom work on distinctive projects. Work will be performed in the following CO counties: Eagle, Grand, Jackson, Garfield, Lake, Pitkin, Routt, & Summit. Transportation will be coordinated to & from job sites as needed from Eagle or nearby county.
Requirements: 2 years of experience as a stone mason; including 2 years of experience with alignment, placement & chiseling of stone; background check.
- Ensures proper installation of wall ties, flashings and laps of paper to job specific standards.
- Measure distance from reference points and mark guidelines to lay out work, using plumb bobs and levels.
- Shapes brick, block, or stone in preparation for final setting with use of chisels and/or power saws.
- Mixes and spreads mortar along mortar guides to ensure joints of uniform thickness.
- Spreads mortar over brick, block, or stone and foundation with trowel and sets masonry in place by hand or with aid of a forklift or a crane.
- Aligns brick, block, or stone with plumbline and finishes joints with pointing trowel.
- Fasten or fuse brick or other building material to structure with wire clamps, anchor holes, torch, or cement.
- Remove excess mortar with trowels and hand tools, and finish mortar joints with jointing tools, for a sealed, uniform appearance.
- Construct corners by fastening in plumb position a corner pole or building a corner pyramid of bricks, and filling in between the corners using a line from corner to corner to guide each course, or layer, of brick.
- Lay and align bricks, blocks, or tiles to build or repair structures or high temperature equipment, such as cupola, kilns, ovens, or furnaces.