Mason Journeyman: Multiple Positions Available
Mason Journeyman: Multiple positions available. Works with brick, block &/or stone, completing custom work on distinctive projects. Work will be performed in the following CO counties: Eagle, Grand, Jackson, Garfield, Lake, Pitkin, Routt, & Summit. Transportation will be coordinated to & from job sites as needed from Eagle or nearby county.
Requirements: 2 years of experience as a stone mason; including 2 years of experience with alignment, placement & chiseling of stone; background check.
A Mason Journeyman must be able to work with brick, block and/or stone completing custom work on distinctive projects. Journeyman masons need to have above average skill and speed in laying brick, block and/or stone. A Mason is required to complete work safely, with quality and within productivity specifications as directed by the foreman or superintendent.
- Shapes brick, block, or stone in preparation for final setting with use of chisels and/or power saws.
- Aligns brick, block, or stone with plumbline and finishes joints with pointing trowel.
- Fasten or fuse brick or other building material to structure with wire clamps, anchor holes, torch, or cement.
- Mixes and spreads mortar over brick, block, or stone and foundation with trowel and sets masonry in place by hand or with aid of a forklift or crane.
- Participates in daily huddles and practices safety as a priority on all job sites.
- Models The Gallegos Corporation mission and values at all times.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.