Wilderness Program Coordinator
Job Title: Wilderness Program Coordinator
Reports to: Admissions Director
Job Status: Year-Round Full Time
About Us: Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center (BOEC) is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization whose mission is to expand the potential of people with disabilities and special needs through meaningful, educational and inspiring outdoor experiences. Programs of the BOEC include the Adaptive Ski and Snowboard Program, Wilderness Program and Internship Program. BOEC engages with participants and partner agencies from Colorado, across the US and internationally and operates primarily in Breckenridge, Colorado.
Position Summary: The Wilderness Program Coordinator (WPC), under the direction of Admissions Director, will assist in the day-to-day delivery of BOEC Wilderness Programs. The Wilderness Program includes site based and mobile formats, open-enrollment courses, custom-designed group courses and professional team building courses. The primary responsibility of the WPC includes but is not limited to assisting the Admissions Director with student outreach and enrollment, paperwork management, data entry and program logistics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Wilderness Program Enrollment
- Assist with the admissions process and enrollment of groups and individuals. Tasks may include speaking to prospective clients, sending out paperwork, receiving and reviewing incoming documents, and communicating in a timely manner.
- Ensure pre-trip documentation such as program flyers and welcome letters are being sent to individuals on open-enrollment courses.
- Ensure such incoming documentation including participant and agency staff applications, waivers, media releases, 3rd party waivers, etc. are completed and up to date on BOEC Salesforce database.
- Merge duplicate contacts and accounts in Salesforce as needed.
- Assist with frequent correspondence directly with agency staff and individuals regarding BOEC programming details including travel, logistics, paperwork, medical concerns of students, and contracts.
- Manage Salesforce documentation for courses, including maintaining up to date course details, rosters, transportation, lodging information, etc.
- Ensure Course Directors have access to the resources they need on Salesforce including trip coordinator questionnaires, assigned vehicles, agency contact information, emergency contact lists, feedback forms, campsite reservations, etc.
- Assist volunteer coordinator in maintaining up to date Salesforce records for volunteer scheduling on courses.
- Ensure staffing is up to date on course pages with appropriate statuses, jobs, dates of work, etc.
- Ensure appropriate files are attached to each course page such as menus, schedules, etc., and that paperwork and documentation from previous years is accessible.
- Assist in updating the Wilderness Google Calendar.
- Manage end of course work and ensure the presence on Salesforce of adequate and thorough documentation such as post-course CD checklists, up-to-date rosters and staffing records, expense reports, river reports, activity reports, course reports and inventory management documentation.
- Ensure feedback forms are sent to course participants and agency staff as needed.
- Ensure thank you emails are being sent out by the Course Director to agency staff for relevant courses.
- Assist with preparation of bimonthly payroll, particularly in relation to assuring Course Directors have completed required course documentation.
- Assist with end of season reporting and data collection/demographics.
- Assist in promoting BOEC Wilderness program as needed through various outreach opportunities such as: conferences, local events, resource fairs, university events, etc.
- Attend bi-weekly all staff, weekly and annual program staff meetings as scheduled.
- Ability to support programs in the field as needed.
- Ability to achieve BOEC internal technical skills checkoffs.
- Assist with special events and other duties as needed.
- Open to learning and participating in the On-Call Emergency System.
Qualifications, Skills, and Attributes:
- Strong leadership, communication skills, organizational and multitasking skills, with ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently complete objectives in a dynamic team-oriented environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Word, Excel, Salesforce, and Google platform.
- Client management and program sales ability a plus.
- Familiarity with logistics and facilities management.
- Proven ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
- Previous experience in an outdoor experiential education program preferred.
- Has an interest in ropes courses, river rafting, rock climbing, and backcountry travel, etc.
- Experience in disability/special needs recreation.
- First Aid and CPR Certifications preferred.
- Must be passionate about the mission of the BOEC and those served through BOEC programs.
Position Information and Benefits:
- This is a full-time, year-round exempt position with the following benefits: generous paid time off(PTO) policy, health insurance, life insurance/AD&D, 403B retirement plan, 13 paid holidays, employee assistance program, employee professional development opportunities, pro-purchase program and employee ski pass.
- Coordinator level starting salary is $43,000 annually. DOE.
- This position is located at the BOEC Administration at the BOEC Headquarters Office in Breckenridge, and occasionally may work from our Wilderness Program Campus.
- The typical schedule is 40 hours per week M-F, with some required work on weekends and or evenings as needed to support this 24-hour field-based program.
- This position may require occasional lifting or physical effort. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The job duties described are not to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. Additional tasks assigned as needed.